Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Grandfather's 80th birthday

We celebrated my grandfather's 80th birthday on Sunday. I was the MC for that night.

I remember doing the introduction for my grandfather, saying, "Today is my grandfather's 80th birthday, he has 6 daughters, 4 sons. 17 'outer' grandchildren, 4 'inner' grandchildren. And another great grandson coming soon."

And as soon as I finish the last sentence, I hear applause everwhere. I guess to see your great grandson in your lifetime is a big achievement, that also means you have 4 generations in your lifetime.

Then I remember telling my dad, in another 26 years time, if Joel is also going to marry young and have a child young, like me. He'll have 4 generations in his lifetime too. Saying that, I was also thinking about seeing my grandchild in probably another 30 years more. Hahaha, am I thinking too much or what?

Well, we are waiting for the time to come. Can't blame me to think that much though. But I'm thinking too far ahead. Can't wait for Joel to be born. Hopefully Joel will be born soon, before I start thinking about my 80th birthday...

No comments: