Sunday, March 30, 2008

29th March is....

Some events happened today in the past.
29th March 1886 - Dr. John Pemberton brews the first batch of Coca-Cola in a backyard in Atlanta, Georgia.
29th March 1999 - The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at 10006.78 – above the 10,000 mark for the first time ever.

Some important men borned today in the past.
29th March 1790 - John Tyler, 10th President of the United States.
29th March 1799 - Edward Smith-Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
29th March 1900 - John McEwen, 18th Prime Minister of Australia.
29th March 1973 - Marc Overmars, Dutch footballer, ex- arsenal player, ex-barcelona player.

And on 29th March 2008 - Joel Tan Chee Wen was born. Although he is not a president of a country nor a famous footballer, yet. He is my son, my 1st son.

Joel was born on 29th March 2008, 4.46am, at Rafflesia Medical Center, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. So, in lunar year, he is a 'Earth Rat'. In western horoscope, he is 'Aries'. Don't bother to read the personalities of him either as an Earth Rat or Aries, because his personalities is shaped by how SyinNi and I raise him, and not by when he is born.

I went to the labor room with SyinNi, I saw how hard it is for a woman to deliver a child. SyinNi deliver Joel with natural delivery. If you know SyinNi, you'll know that she's very gentle and soft kind of person, but she managed to 'squeeze' all her strength to deliver Joel.

I once complained to my father, that why there's only songs about mother, with the most famous one, "The world only got mother is the best", (Direct translation from chinese). But now, I know why, it should be that way, if only I knew how hard it is to deliver a child, I wouldn't complain.

We went to hospital to check at 9.30pm, 28th March 2008. Because we found out that the contraction was quite consistant. I stayed there with SyinNi, I moved my bed side to side with SyinNi, I offer my hand for her to squeeze when contraction came, my sleep was never deep, ever interupted, but that is the less that I can do.

At 2am, 29th March 2008, the contraction pain was so immense. That is when we enter the labor room, and the real pain started. There are a lot of times when SyinNi kept on saying she can't make it, but I'm glad I was there to encourage her.

Joel was delivered at 4.46am, 29th March 2008. The first look on him really touch me, he shook my heart, he shook my world, I was so touched, I had tears at the corner of my eyes. I'm glad I was there to participate Joel's birth.

We stayed in that hospital until 30th March, 9.30am. I didn't leave SyinNi's side, I stayed there in that room all along. We slept there, we ate there, we chit-chat there. But I always go to the nursery to peek on little Joel, just to see that he is sleeping soundly.

I've uploaded so photos in my flickr account(click to enter) and dear friends, if you are done reading this, I have a small request, if you will. Leave a comment or I would say, a wish for Joel.

5 comments:

huilin said...

Welcome little Joel...
Hope that can see you soon. remember, cannot call me aunty, only can call "jie Jie" remember ya both a chorS.

A chor, thanks for the sms, and update.

Very cute...hope that everything goes on smoothly..

Unknown said...

OMG... congratulation.... gimme ur add at sabah... time to pos smth.. lol... dont want to ask Da Yee bring there.. cause too heavy liao..

1st time dady lo... kekeke

Ivy Isabelle said...

God Blessed the little Joel! Congratulation to you both!

Angel said...

Hi, finally i turned up. Being busy these few days. Congratulation, really wanted to fly there since the moment i received SMS. I like baby a lot and Joel really looks cute to me. We has been waiting his delivery for 9 months and finally he arrive.

Baby Joel, may God bless you everyday in everything. May you have health and the power to create wealthiness. May you have a bright future and honor your parents in your life. May the love of the love of the world concentrate on you no matter where you go.

Daddy and Mummy, may God give you power and strength, wisdom and patient, creativeness and ability to bring up all you children (i believe more will come). May God show you way in everything you do.

May God bless this family no matter where they are every moment.

Unknown said...

Welcome little Joel :)
he's so adorable & cute.. i believe under the guardian of both of you, he'll be a great man in future.. May god bless him always.. :)